[nagdu] TSA Screening of Service Animals

Ron Davidson fuzzy_1 at cox.net
Mon Mar 16 23:36:53 UTC 2009

TSA Screening has never been a problem for me. I get to the check point and
as you said they move me to a separate line and I  go through leaving my dog
in the sit stay position and after I get through I call the dog and he
always sets it off. The TSA staff are usually very nice and I hold the dog
while they check the dog . They do always ask before touching the dog and I
just hold the leash and he just stands and lets them do their thing. The
only time I had to go through a full screening I mean everything was checked
because I got tagged they called it. I flew to Baltimore on a Friday and
while I was there over the weekend United sold my ticket to Continental and
they sold it to Northwest and at the time I got to the NW gate they had sold
it to Delta. I got tagged as a possible threat because I changed my flight
so many times. I asked the TSA agent why I got tagged and he said the
airline did it because I changed my flight so many times. I told him that I
never changed a thing they did it themselves. He said that  is why it takes
so long to go through security. The next week I was due to fly to NY and I
called my travel agent and told her that I better not go through that mess
again and she notified Air Tran and they said they wouldn't do that and they
didn't. So I now use Air Tran and those other four airlines can kiss my you
know what.