[nagdu] question for those of you with some useable vision and thatwork

lindagwizdak at peoplepc.com lindagwizdak at peoplepc.com
Tue Mar 17 19:44:59 UTC 2009

Hi Lisa,
I think it depends on the work space and the people there.  I would just
leave my dog on tie-down and go to the rest room.  I'd bring the dog if it
was time for water and a potty break.  At the Naval Medical Center's Health
& Wellness office, I wander around there without my dog to do stuff or go to
their restroom.  I stay near the wall and "wall-trail" so I don't run into
anyone else in the hallway.

Do the people know you so they would know you were visually impaired going
without your dog?

BTW, I think alot of totally blind folks would just leave the dog in the
case you mention. It's a hasstle to disturb your sleeping dog just to pop
into the restroom.

BTW, everyone, I have been scarce for the last several days because I was
off recovering from my foot surgery that I had last Wednesday.  So, now I am
back home with my foot up on a folding chair and going over almost 300
e-mails!  That's OK - I'm stuck at home for another two weeks with the
exception of going to the doctor.  I am on crutches and it's kinda hard to
work a dog or use a cane that way! (grin!)  Anyway, I'm feeling pretty good
and Landon is getting a nice vacation.  He is sleeping on the floor near my
window in the sunshine.

Cheers,

Linda and Landon