[nagdu] Today is rescue day

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 01:43:15 UTC 2009

Hi every one,  I had been keeping an eye on a female black GSD at the pound.
She had been there for almost 3 weeks.I knew that she would be put down soon
if no one adopted her. My friend Carla, from Siberian Husky Rescue, and I
went to the pound this morning to adopt this beautiful dog.As I was
enquiring about her, I was told she was to be put down the next day as she
had been at the shelter too long already. A young couple showed up and
wanted to adopt her as a companion for their other shepherd. So at least she
got a home and I did not need to rescue her.While there at the shelter, we
saw a male husky that will need rescuing in another 3 days. So I will be
fostering him for Carla. I also got a call from another rescue that wanted
me to foster and train a deaf dog that is blind in one eye. They will be
bringing him to me tomorrow afternoon. I have never worked with a deaf dog
before but I am willing to give it a try.I have however trained a dog to
hand signals before. I guess this day was a rescue day .Shaman's training is
going well. Soon he will be learning to ride the bus. I am going to be very
busy training dogs again for a while. I only have one rescue dog left from
the last bunch to find a home for.  Have a great day,   Mardi and
Nala,semi-retired and Shaman,gdit