[nagdu] CA State Board tries to regulate out-of-state schools

Angie Matney angie.matney at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 15:54:18 UTC 2009

Hi buddy,

Yes, EDF's corporate office is in California.

In 1967, the California Supreme Court ruled against Eye Dog Foundation,
which had sought a declaratory judgment that the statute establishing the
State Board was unconstitutional. (The court made a limited exception that
allowed Eye Dog to continue raising funds for 120 days, during  which htime
they might be able to secure a licensed trainer.)

I suspect this had something to do with the relocation of the training
facility to Arizona.