[nagdu] The California Guide Dog Board

tina thomas tinadt at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 24 18:10:32 UTC 2009

Hey Rebecca and all- I believe that the situation with the CA state board
came out of  the EDF fiasco. According to the article in the December 08
issue of the Braille Monitor there was an agreement between the founder of
EDF and the CA state board that allowed EDF to operate out of California and
aloud EDF to have their    physical training facility in Arizona, as well as
EDF could not raise funds for the school in California. I think the CA board
is trying to cover themselves. However, the agreement was between EDF and
the CA state board, and had nothing to do with other schools outside
California. The open letter to out of state schools was ill-advised and the
CA state board is really barking up the wrong tree. If the CA state board
really wants to be affective, they need to take responsibility for not
regulating the schools in CA and clean up their policies.
JMO.
Tina
"Trust your own instinct. Your mistakes might as well be your own instead of
someone else's."
- Billy Wilder