[nagdu] Warning about Nylabone

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 02:02:25 UTC 2009

I've heard that this is true for rawhide bones, especially since the
pieces, as they are chewed, can become soft and easily break off the
main bone itself. I'm starting to think that any toy can be a
potential danger to our dogs, if they're left unattended or
unmonitored when playing with it. Just making a general statement
here. In other words, I wouldn't just give my dog a nylabone and then
walk off for half an hour to do something else. Rather, I'd give it to
her for 5-10 minutes, stay nearby to keep track of what she was doing
with it, then take it away. At the school, we were always told that we
should be the ones who decide when play begins and ends, which also
means keeping the toy(s) in a place that the dog not only can't get to
but can't see.

Wayne