[nagdu] comparison of schools

Merry Schoch merrys at verizon.net
Sun Mar 29 09:43:39 UTC 2009

HI Sarah,

I recently looked at three schools, the Guide Dogs for the Blind, Seeing
Eye, and the Guide Dog Foundation.  I applied to all three and have decided
to go with the Guide Dog Foundation.  There are many reasons for my choice.
This will be my third guide.

The Guide Dog Foundation will be do a home placement.  I had a home
placement with my third dog.  There are many pros and the best is that I do
not have to leave my home for any period of time.  The second is that a home
placement tests the skills of the dog.  The dog will be working in an
unfamiliar area instead of in areas where the dog has been trained.

I am quite familiar with the training staff at GDF and our basic philosophy
of training and working a guide dog our very similar.  I have heard very
positive things about the Seeing Eye and Guide Dogs for the Blind but feel
the fit for me is GDF.

Merry