[nagdu] comparison of schools

Amanda Martins amanda.martins at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 21:23:45 UTC 2009

Mary,
I attended The Seeing Eye, but I have several friends who are GDF
grads. Both are good schools.  It all depends what you want out of the
program.  If you need a dog sooner rather than later, TSE is probably
the better option, as with a larger selection of dogs, they'd be more
likely to get you into class sooner.  I also think Seeing Eye's
traffic training and work in urban environments is superior, but
that's just me.  Both schools have similar ownership policies, and GDF
offers some neat things like the find command and leash guiding (both
schools teach follow).  I loved my experience at The Seeing Eye and
unless something totally drastic happens, I see myself returning there
for all future dogs.
-Amanda