[nagdu] TSE and Guiding Eyes comparison

Angie Matney angie.matney at gmail.com
Sat May 16 18:23:14 UTC 2009

Hi Tina,

No, I don't know GEB''s particular reasons for its ownership policy.

I have a question for GEB grads. Is it the case that if the dog is retired
within the first two years of service, the puppy raiser, not the grad, is
first in line to adopt the dog? This is GDB's policy, but GDB only retains
ownership for one year (after which time grads can apply for ownership). If
the dog retires after the first year, the graduate can place the dog, no
matter who owns the dog. But if the dog retires during the first year, the
raiser, not the grad, is the first person who is contacted about placement.
I have nothing but the deepest respect for puppy raisers, but this policy
has always troubled me.

Angie