[nagdu] vet reports/was/Re: TSE and Guiding Eyes comparison

Meghan Whalen meghan at n-republic.net
Sun May 17 03:28:15 UTC 2009

I agree that there is no harm in collecting vet reports, but there is no
harm in not collecting them either.  Due to the fact that I had a dog who
retired young because of a genetic condition, I would not be against
submitting a health report.  It is no different than taking a graduate
survey.  Surveys of this sort show your opinion on the training of your dog
while the other would show the success or lack there of in the breeding of
that dog.  It is pointless to get all defensive, and I think we all need to
respect opinions.  In a lot of situations, graduates feel that their school
of choice is like an extended family.  Think of that before criticizing.  If
these reports can avoid future devistation, I say all the power to the
schools who are concerned enough to do this.  I am not implying that the
schools that do not do this are not concerned, either.  It sounds like the
report is not manditory, so there is honestly no room for complaint here.  I
know that at most schools, even if they do not request anual vet reports,
they do request reports when there is a health concern.  I imagine it is a
secure feeling knowing the school is so interested in the health of the dog.
I think that's all I have to say.

Meghan