[nagdu] Local fair-housing complaints fromdisabledpeopleareonthe rise

Pickrell, Rebecca M (IS) REBECCA.PICKRELL at ngc.com
Tue May 19 20:32:52 UTC 2009

That's why he/she should have a good editor and copyeditor who *does*
know the meaning of such phrases.
And, we're talking about housing discrimination. If I put up an add
saying "this neighborhood is quiet and peaceful" I could get in trouble
with a family with kids as kids aren't "quiet and peaceful" and the
family could feel unwelcome.
If I wrote an ad saying "This neighborhood has a good ethic feel".
I could get in trouble with African-Americans who might view it as a
code phrase or with people who are white who may feel unwelcome by such
an ad.
The reporter should be held to the same standards and has the support
people to ensure that he/she does.