[nagdu] Poodles, and program dogs always under control

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed May 27 18:41:57 UTC 2009

Hi Tami.
I don't know that I agree with you about poodles always coming back.  I
grew up with poodles, and two of them escaped on separate occasions.  ONe
ran a few blocks, and the other ended up way across town.  They were both
males, which might make a difference.

I also don't know about program-raised dogs always being under control.  I
strongly suspect that they are treated like pets in the raiser home.  They
are on leash out in public, but, if they're raised on a farm, I think they
run about with the other animals.  This is just a suspicion, of course.
None of my program-raised dogs has been the least confused by given the
freedom of a big yard, though most have preferred some human company out
there.  But then they're people-oriented dogs to start with.
Tracy