[nagdu] Missing guide dog found struck by car

Garry and Joy Relton relton30857 at cox.net
Wed May 27 18:53:58 UTC 2009

I have to say that my almost perfect golden lab has escaped twice on me.
Both times someone left the gate or door open for quite a while and I didn't
realize it. Apparently she got bored. Once she went two doors down and
walked into the neighbors yard to play with their dog. The neighbor told my
husband that she was there. My kids occasionally forget to close the gate.
Anyway Belle didn't cross any streets to get there. My neighbor informed me
that she did behave like a perfect lady. Good to hear once my heart got out
of my throat. The  other time, the workers had left a door opened. I
received a knock on my front door asking me if I was missing a dog to which
I said "I hope not". Well, he told me that my yellow lab had come to their
house and had been playing nicely with his dog. I was quite surprised and
relieved that she was all right. Both instances turned out ok but, it might
not have. There are no absolutes in life except, as my dad would say, paying
taxes and dying. I do everything I can to prevent such things from happening
but, they still do on occasion. The best that any of us can do is take
precautions.