[nagdu] airplane with guide horse

Ann Edie annedie at nycap.rr.com
Fri May 29 04:51:37 UTC 2009

Hi, Cheryl,

On a plane, the guide horses usually go in the bulkhead row.  They can lie
down during take-offs and landings, but prefer to ride standing up most of
the time.

The only program I know of that has trained miniature horse guides is the
Guide Horse Foundation.  I don't know if it is still active, however,
because I haven't heard of any graduates from there since about 2002.  So
almost all of the active guide horse teams I know of are people who have
trained their own horses or had them trained privately.

Best,
Ann