[nagdu] Missing guide dog found struck by car

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Sat May 30 22:31:16 UTC 2009

Sounds like me with my two guides. With my first guide I stuck
strictly with the rules from the school and rarely deviated from them.
With the second though, I've done a few minor things differently than
I did with the first guide, such as putting her on tie down when I'm
in the kitchen, not telling her name and even using an alternative
word for those average people on the street whom we might not ever see
again, and some others. We've even developed some games where she puts
her front paws on my bed or in my lap when I'm sitting, but never her
whole body. I'm quick to correct her when she tries to sneak that on
me, and she knows who's boss. It may be too early to tell since we've
only been together for 9 months on Monday, but I don't think these
minor changes have negatively influenced her work in any way.

Wayne