[nagdu] college & guide dogs

Sherrill O'Brien sherrill.obrien at verizon.net
Sat May 30 22:33:50 UTC 2009

Of course if a professor says no recording, that's different.  Even then,
I'd go to that person and explain why I need to have a recording.  Some will
relent, some won't.  I'm not sure if this would fall under reasonable
accommodations, but it might, especially if you do not write print or
Braille.  Unless a professor had specifically stated that he did not wish
his lectures to be recorded, I wouldn't ask...I'd just go ahead, assuming it
was okay.  I rarely recorded lectures, as I was a good Braille note taker.
I felt as if hearing most lectures once was plenty (grin)  But certainly
everyone's situation is different.

Sherrill'