[nagdu] tummy trouble

Garry and Joy Relton relton30857 at cox.net
Sun May 31 20:40:11 UTC 2009

My experience so far with labs' sensitive tummies has been resolved by
simply sticking to a good quality dry dog food and mixing it with water when
I feed them. I spread out their food so that they don't go for hours without
something in their stomach. I happen to use lamb with rice Perina 1 because
it works well with the dog I have now. I am careful not to let her have
scraps and to carry milk bones with me if we're going to be out a little
longer than normal. For her this works, but for others I had to bring the
food with me and feed them when it was time. Fortunately, labs have no
trouble eating from a bag. I also make sure that I carry water for them
because their stomachs tend to get upset if they over heat. Fortunately for
me that has worked except when my last dog got hepatitis and he exhibited
the same systems. We tried baby food, cooked rice mixed with a little cooked
chicken and much more but nothing worked. Hope that you are able to work out
your dogs best food and timing.