[nagdu] Introduction

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 5 21:00:56 UTC 2009

Linda,

Oh, beautiful description of how you use the dog within the context of
tunnel vision.  I've bot the same thing going on, and my vision varies a
whole lot with light, as well.  I would bet it applies as well to any other
form of vision loss where one has partial vision but requires a mobility
aid.

Would you mind sending me your experience and learning through the ether?
/grin/  I still have days when I go from smoothly sailing along in my poodle
guide's wake letting her do her job while I do mine.  Love it.  It's new
enough that I can still savor it now and then, although I'm beginning to
take it for granted.  I still backslide far too often for my taste, though
and catch myself failing to listen to my dog or -- worse! -- getting after
her for taking me around something I didn't know was there.  Sigh.  At least
I catch myself in the act pretty quick now, so that's progress. /smile/

Mitzi would be very grateful to anyone wishing to come to Portland and
follow me around with a big stick to keep me on the straight and narrow!
/grin/

Tami Smith-Kinney