[nagdu] loss of vision was speaking too soon

Julie J julielj at windstream.net
Sat Nov 7 14:50:23 UTC 2009

    Tami,

I think O&M instruction under blindfold would be really helpful for you.
You'd only have to learn one skill set that could be applied no matter what
your vision does.   I think it might relieve a lot of the stress you are
experiencing when your vision changes.  that is stressful enough without
having to learn new skills each time.

Anyway I found sleepshade training to be very beneficial.  I do still use my
vision when I feel it would be helpful or entertaining, but I have the
security of knowing I have other skills to fall back on.   In the beginning
it was a bit more challenging to flip back and forth, I had to consciously
think about what would work best in what situation.  Now, though it's all
very intuitive and very easy.    I have very, very limited vision though, so
your mileage may vary.  In any case I think sleepshade training wouldn't
hurt.

JMHO a'course
Julie