[nagdu] Guide dog injured on escalator

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 02:20:35 UTC 2009

Also, just covering abases here, was the gentleman trained how to use
and escalator with his dog? Probably so, but the thought of if he took
the escalator and thought nothing about it, only to have the issue
with the dog comes to mind. Do all guide dog schools teach this in
training? If not, why not?

Though Gucci is wary of getting on one, which might not be a bad
thing, she's fine when riding on it, and definitely wants to get off
when we reach the end. Though I don't rush her, I am aware of where
her paws are and how she's doing on the ride. This also makes me
wonder if the man was aware of his dog's and where the paws were, and
where they were when they neared the end.

Jmt,
Wayne