[nagdu] speaking too soon

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Mon Nov 16 17:53:26 UTC 2009

AnnaLisa,

You are certainly quite right.  Training is so different from the real
world!  I have a hard time remember how much more true that is for a young
dog well trained by a sighted trainer in a well-designed training setting.
Mitzi's training was more like an apprenticeship than a college course, so
the transition from GDIT to GD was less dramatic for her.

Also, with her, I know exactly when it is time to blame the trainer!  /grin/
The trainer also knows when to blame the handler and tell her to shape up
and figure out how to deal.  So I guess I transfer my experience onto the
very different program training experience when I hear about after
graduation issues.  Huh.  /smile/

Tami Smith-Kinney