[nagdu] Guide dog user has to call police to have an ice cream atMarble Slab

Joy Relton jrelton at verizon.net
Wed Nov 18 13:35:25 UTC 2009

Marion,

Nicely done. I think I'd prefer the Bass Ale as well. Got to watch those
kalleries. (grin)

Seriously folks, about twenty years ago I was refused service in a
Friendly's in Washington D.C. My family was with me and didn't want to wait
for the police. It basically worked itself out but if it were to happen
today my family know that they'd have to go on to the next restaurant on
their own. I'd also come back with several dog guide users to patronize
their establishment. I'm not rude, but I don't give up my rights. Sounds
like you had some educated police and not so well educated employees. Twenty
years ago the police were not so well educated in D.C. I wonder if they
would be now.