[nagdu] People problems on the bus

Julie J julielj at windstream.net
Wed Nov 25 12:45:43 UTC 2009

Jeanette,

Mardi didn't get her guide from a program.

Mardi,

Do you have paratransit in your area?  That's not an ideal solution by any
means, but it might be something to try.
Other ideas...can Shaman sit/stay and come on the bus after you?  Or (this
one is crazy) could he ride on your lap so you can both board together? Do
you have a friend who could be your training partner for a bit?  The both of
you could ride the bus together.  the friend boarding first, working with
Shaman on whatever it is you want him to do instead of being petted.

I don't think you will ever get the public to cooperate with the no petting
thing.  I realize that's not fair or optimistic, but it's my honest opinion.
I think the best you can do is to work with Shaman  to do something else
when people pet.

HTH
Julie