[nagdu] two quick questions

AnnaLisa Anderson annalisa at sector14.net
Thu Nov 26 02:49:15 UTC 2009

Hi Julie,

I don't have any good solutions for the first question, except maybe wear
those rain pants that Toni mentioned.  And you've had a lot of great
suggestions regarding the purse/backpack thing, but nobody has mentioned
this yet.  There is a pretty nice looking purse called a Buxton bag, I think
there web site is www.buxtonbag.com.  If that's not it, I'm sure you will
come up with it if you google it.  Anyway, it's a leather purse with a wide
adjustable shoulder strap made out of webbing, and you wear it diagonally
across your body.  However, the one I have, and don't use much, was made to
hang on the left, not the right, and I don't know if they make them the
other way around.  I think there are other companies too who make a
knock-off of the Buxton bag, but can't recall any of them at the moment.  I
have been carrying a nice looking black leather fanny pack for the last
several years, which has lots of pockets in it.  I should say, it used to be
nice looking.... it's getting to be a little threadbare in places now, but
it hasn't totally fallen apart yet so I'm still using it.  I think
HandiWorks still makes those, and I know they also sell small leather
backpacks that look pretty nice.  In the past I've also gotten a purse with
a long shoulder strap that I could throw over my head.  That works great
too, but some of my favorite purses I can't use like that anymore because
although the purse itself is still perfectly sound, the shoulder strap
connection wore out, and it would cost more to fix that than the purse
itself is worth.

HTH,

AnnaLisa and Sundance