[nagdu] our acomplishment

Julie J julielj at windstream.net
Wed Oct 7 20:01:39 UTC 2009

Hey all!

Today Monty and I achieved a major milestone.  He came to work with me for the first time.    Everything went fairly well. We only had one minor issue.  The floor in the stairwell has recently been waxed and Monty slipped a bit on the stairs.  The next time we went by there he was a little skittish.  I don't think it'll be a long term problem.  I think he knows to slow down there.   I'm hoping so anyway.

He was a little fidgety at first, but settled down and slept next to my desk.  I think once he is accustomed with the routine he'll settle pretty quickly.

I only introduced him to the lady in the adjacent office.  I didn't want to overwhelm him on his first day.   Tomorrow I need to take papers to the clerk's office so he'll get to meet quite a few people there.

In case you are new to the list or don't remember, I am owner training Monty.  I've had him now for about 14 months.  He's just a few weeks short of 2 years old.  I have a few odds and ends to finish up in his training, but we are almost there.

The weather is getting colder.  There is a chance of snow this weekend.  I have arthritis, which is much worse in cold weather. Being able to work Monty to and from work will be a huge relief.   I'm so glad we've come this far.  It feels like the final hurdle in a marathon.

Julie