[nagdu] ranting

Cindy Ray cindyray at qwest.net
Sat Oct 17 10:22:26 UTC 2009

Laura, I agree with all everyone is saying about your dog. Call the school.
Why do you believe they aren't listening to you when you call them?

I have had some problems with Fisher. The latest was that he has learned to
bolt. I was at our convention and he saw another dog and jerked from my
grasp. I wasn't expecting it; he had been handling the other guides well.
Someone gave him back to me by the collar. I put on his GL and we spent the
rest of the evening like that. The next morning I thought he would be good
with everything because e had worn the GL before and then settled down. I
was sitting on his leash waiting for our meeting to start. He did the same
thing as the night before, but when I called him he returned. The next day
my state president's wife told me that just so I knew, my dog seemed to be
aggressive towards hers and it would be in the room. To my knowledge, hers
is not a service animal of any kind. So I was stunned and said, "I didn't
even know you had a dog." Well, then I remembered this. I never saw the dog
after that. However, the next day someone from The Seeing Eye called about
her complaint and said that she thought I seemed to be having trouble with
Fisher. They would have come out to Iowa if I had said I wanted them to. I
said if they could offer me something then they could. This hasn't been a
regular occurrence of Fisher's except that time in Atlanta when a little dog
was in his face and he jerked from my grasp at the park. Never have I
expeerienced these things with a dog first year or others, but 99% we aren't
having problems. He is terribly distractible, and I would call the school in
a heart beat to come and work with me should I run out of ideas. Mostly I am
very able to control him, and now I know this is a characteristic, I try to
remember to make it my business to hold him much more tightly.

Cindy