[nagdu] reissue

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Sun Oct 18 18:14:20 UTC 2009

AnnaLisa,

It was fate!  I recently met another petite golden female from TSE, just six
months on the job.  A very sweet girl, indeed.  She and her handler gave
Mitzi a good opportunity to get used to working in a professional setting
with another guide in the room, and Mitzi got over a lot of her bother with
other guide dogs being around when I'm sitting down...  Whew!

The tiny round table in the middle of Starbucks, where we met to let our
dogs get acquainted, was pretty stimulating for her poodleness, so that was
a good training opportunity.  /smile/  Which translates as "my dog can still
be a major pain in the butt."  There's not a Starbucks nearby (we are that
far out!), but that one is right off the MAX (light rail) line.  A 90 minute
trip, which is a bit far to go for a latte, but I have friends who work
downtown.  Anyway, I definitely need to spend some time sitting in the
middle of busy coffee shops at small round tables with my dog. /grin/  She's
very good now at going under a booth or a table where she fits easily and
she can be out of the way.

She was lying quietly out of the way at the meeting and somehow managed to
be stepped (or very close to it) on three times, poor girl!  Twice by the
client and once by me.  I was impressed that she settled back down each time
and made it through most of the nearly 4 hours before she started to get
restless.  Looks like she really is getting to be a grown up.

Tami Smith-Kinney