[nagdu] ranting

Joy Relton jrelton at verizon.net
Mon Oct 19 01:15:32 UTC 2009

Oh I find the gentle lead to be a very useful tool. Oh yes, occasionally,
when the GL isn't close I have put my hands on her nose and made it clear
that her behavior was not acceptable. For the most part I can now pull the
GL out of my pocket/purse and show it to her and I see a marked difference
in her behavior. She hates having the thing on. It's as though it's an
embarrassment for her.
She's a piece of work and occasionally, I swear she's sort of trying to get
my attention and see how far she can take things. You really have to be
keyed into your dog, her/his behavior and yes your behavior as well. It's
easy to get uptight under certain situation and come down harder than is
warranted by the behavior. For the most part, with Belle I don't do a leash
correction per se when I have the GL on her, that seems to be distracting
enough, but I do give her verbal corrections though.