[nagdu] Dogs listening

Cindy Ray cindyray at qwest.net
Mon Oct 19 10:38:22 UTC 2009

Actually I was thinking about this issue yesterday. I don't think I need to
do too much different on my handling,but I came to the conclusion recently
that I need to relax as I use the dog. I talked to him too much and he
didn't want to hear it. I found he worked better when I did that. Yesterday
while walking, I tried to relax my corrections and make sure the verbal ones
were less manic! I think sometimes that happens though I don't realize it,
specially since my dog has been known to bolt. I corrected and I was firm,
but it was easier on me, and maybe easier on my dog. We sometimes appear
more harsh than we are, and some folks think using the dogs at all is a
cruel way to use the animals, so sometimes, often, I think we have to be
appearing more relaxed. Appearing more relaxed also appears less harsh.

Cindy