[nagdu] Dogs listening

Joy Relton jrelton at verizon.net
Mon Oct 19 14:17:37 UTC 2009

Laura,

How long have you had this dog? It may be that you need to adjust more with
each other. Do you have a stressful life? Or, are you the type of person who
is more easily stressed and externalize that stress? Sometimes it's a matter
of matching the right dog with the person because a dog who is more
sensitive to stress often does less well with a person who is easily
stressed. Do you have some people to serve as sounding boards who will give
you honest feedback. My husband will tell me when I get too stressed or
wound up in a way that helps me to key into my emotions and actions. It's a
learned skill but finding a friend like that is priceless. Just remember,
it's nothing that can't be worked out or solved some way or other.

Hugs and pats.

Joy