[nagdu] ranting

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 19 19:15:44 UTC 2009

Nicole,

I use a Halti, which is pretty much the same as the GL.  Sometimes just
showing it to Mitzi convinces her to mind what she does with that nose!
/lol/  If she starts trending toward bad habits, I just start working her
with the Halti on again, which cramps her style something awful and thus
causes great suffering and woe.  /grin/  Suddenly she is the most attentive
and well-mannered dog you'd ever care to meet!  And look how mean I am to
treat such a good, good dog in such a cruel way.

We use the Halti less and less these days, and sometimes all I have to do is
ask her if I need to get out her Halti and she's all cooperation.  Silly
dog.

She can now attend to her job in Petco and at the feed store, no Halti
required, so I guess we're into adulthood after all. /grin/  Unfortunately,
this gives me the leisure to indulge my own distractability issues in Petco
and the feed store, so DD has taken to saying, "Tami, leave it!"  /lol/  I
walk faster (much!) than he does, so if we're shopping while Mitzi is at the
groomer or something, he follows along giving me the commands I usually give
her to let me know which way to go.  Well, walking ahead does give me a
chance to practice my cane work, and I have become very good at Left, Right,
Halt and Forward.  /grin/

Tami Smith-Kinney