[nagdu] Dogs listening

AnnaLisa Anderson annalisa at sector14.net
Tue Oct 20 01:09:48 UTC 2009

Hi Lora,

I've been reading this thread with a lot of interest to see what others
said.  You've gotten a lot of good advice and suggestions, so here's some
more for you. <smile>

I'm wondering if Trice is reacting to stress, as others have suggested.  All
those behaviors added up together sounds to me like a stressed out dog.
>From what you're saying, he sounds like a fairly sensitive dog who maybe
doesn't handle the busyness of your life very well.  Does he act nervous all
the time?  Does he do a lot of yawning, shaking himself, licking himself or
you?  Does he throw up before work or when he sees the harness come out?
Does he seem happy to have the harness put on?  And along with the
correcting, does he get praise for when he does it right?  He might be
always waiting for the correction that is sure to come if he does something
wrong, and nervous that he can't do anything right, so he never truly
relaxes on the job.  I'm not saying that's how it is; I don't know your
situation.  Just some ideas here.  Or, having him tested for Lime's disease
might be a good thing to do, as Steve said.  Who knows, it could be that,
but it's hard to say.  It's times like this that I wish our dogs could talk
and tell us what's bothering them. <smile>  I'm just so sorry that this is
your second dog in a row that  you're having such trouble with.

There's my quarter's worth.

AnnaLisa and Sundance