[nagdu] walk by petting was ranting

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 22 07:29:49 UTC 2009

Yikes!  Mardi!  Hugs and warm wishes?

Do you have people in Tucson?  It really sounds like a rotten place for you.
Are you stuck there?  I wanted to suggest security cameras and a long, hairy
legal battle, then remembered that that costs money.  If Arizona is like
Oregon, you don't need to have enough money to actually live on to be too
rich for legal aid.  Getting an attorney to talk to you costs money, and who
knows if they'll take you case.  Sigh.

Well, my heart goes out to you and your dogs.  Sounds like they have to be
real troopers.  So do you.  We have some rude folks here in Portland, but
for the most part it's pretty civilized and 21st century and everything.
/smile/  I moved in the right circles when I was living out in redneck
country, but I'm honestly a bit nervous about taking my guide dog out there
when I visit family (mostly because of the family), since my ex has a whole
lot more clout than I do.  Then again, I usually go out to spend time with
my friends from there, so it's all good.  It's only with the obligatory
outings with the family that I have to worry about.  I did consider moving
back there when my mom's health started going downhill, but there were too
many reasons not to.  I'm not sure what I would do if I were walking
downtown on my own and somebody got all redneck on my dog.  Sorry if anyone
self-identifies as a kinder, gentler sort of redneck. /smile/  These people
are hardcore, and their attitudes and behaviors are similar to what Mardi
describes.

On a lighter note, I used to be amazed when I would be leaning on my cane
while waiting to by groceries and some feller would say enviously, "Wow!
You really have it all.  You're blind *and* a woman.  I bet you can get
anything you want from the government!  Too bad you're not black or native
american or something, too.  Then you'd really have it made!"

Oh, yes.  The world certainly does bend over backward for lucky, blind,
female me!  The government comes to me insisting on giving me money!  I just
haven't noticed any of it yet, I guess.  /grin/

Hang in there, girl!

Tami Smith-Kinney