[nagdu] Toys and Words

AnnaLisa Anderson annalisa at sector14.net
Thu Sep 17 00:27:28 UTC 2009

Hi Nicole and all,

Yes, I too was told those things by my trainer.  But I found out that Sunny
absolutely loves, loves, LOVES chasing tennis balls.  She'll do it for hours
if you let her.  However, she shows no interest whatsoever in frisbies.
There are people who throw them at the dog park, and she could care less.
But throw a ball and she's all over it!  However, this does not affect her
work in the slightest.  We live practically across the street from afore
mentioned dog park and have to walk by it constantly, and she is very rarely
distracted by what's going on over there when she's working.  She doesn't
pull to get over there when working either.  So she definitely knows the
difference between work and play.

As for words, simple seems to work best for Sunny, so I do keep the commands
and requests very short.  I think it depends on the dog, like others have
said.  She is smart and knows her job well, but she doesn't pick up on, "Now
where's the ...?" like some other dogs I know of. <smile>  I still love her
anyway.

AnnaLisa and Sundance