[nagdu] convention 2010 ???

Marion & Martin swampfox1833 at verizon.net
Tue Sep 22 19:58:29 UTC 2009

Sharonda,
    It always sounds good when people say "we ought to work together" or "We
are all working for the same thing!" The truth of the matter is that the NFB
and the ACB are not working for the same thing, as evidenced by the article
I sent written by the former ACB President. Sure, it would be nice if we
would all work together, but the truth is that we are not all working for
the same thing. If we were, there wouldn't be an ACB!
    The Council was formed by the American Foundation for the Blind and
other affiliated agencies to give credence to the agency philosophy of
dependency and to give their blind Uncle Toms a mouthpiece. The ACB still
sides with the agencies, is supportive of NAC, and works diligently to
contradict anything the NFB does. They tried to nix the Louis Braille
Commemorative Coin, they fought against funding for Newsline, and they say
the NFB is anti guide dog, to name a few. If we are all working for the same
thing, why did they choose to do these things? I, for one, will not
compromise my integrity in order to work with someone or some group that
contradicts my basic philosophy. I am of the opinion that, if the ACB wants
to work with the NFB, come join us! Otherwise, get out of the way!

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala