[nagdu] Blind Inc.

Hope Paulos hope.paulos at maine.edu
Fri Apr 2 17:17:35 UTC 2010

I have to agree with Rox, Albert, and Tracy.  I would very much like to
attend an NFB center; however,  I don't want to leave my dog crated/alone
for 6 hrs a day. I go out sometimes without my dog so that I can improve my
cane skills. The way I look at it, though, is if I didn't have good cane
skills, my guide dog school wouldn't have given me my dog. I believe that in
order to handle a guide dog and to travel successfully with him/her cane
skills are essential. I would like to improve on such skills as cooking,
home management, and wood working, which the NFB centers offer. I feel,
however, that my dog and I can travel extremely well together. I don't want
the lack of work to jeopardize our good working relationship.
Just my opinion.

Hope and Beignet