[nagdu] alternatives to topical flea/tick meds

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Apr 7 13:42:21 UTC 2010

It's my understanding that the oral meds only get the flea after it has
bitten the dog, and that dogs with bigtime flea allergies can react to
even one or two flea bites.  So I thought I had to use a topical anyway,
even with an oral, to keep the fleas from jumping on and biting.  Is that
not so?  How is it working out, for people just using the pill?
Tracy