[nagdu] cane skills vs. mobility skills

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 8 21:53:47 UTC 2010

Micheal,

I really like your view of mobility training and the difference between the
tools and achieving the ends that the tools are for.  This seems like such
an obvious concept, but it is beyond too many in the field of instruction
and service provision.  Bummer!

So can we have you declared the official Font of All Knowledge on the
subject?  I'm tired of trying to ask a simple question about orientation
strategy for my trip to the mall and being told that what I really need is
two years of instructions at 4 hours a week with at least double that of
practice before I should even think of going to the mall like I've been
doing anyway but would just like a clue as to how to deal with, say, one
tricky passage.

So, you are now the one to make decisions for everyone when it comes to
determining what sort of instruction a person needs in order to do what they
do anyway.  Deal?

/grin/

Tami Smith-Kinney