[nagdu] No Food Stamps for Service Dog

Albert J Rizzi albert at myblindspot.org
Fri Apr 9 14:39:05 UTC 2010

Here in new york we have a little known tool which was given to us by
governor Cuomo in the 70's.people on SSI and only SSI have access to funds
to cover the costs of food for a service animal. I believe it is between 50
to 75 dollars per month. It makes sense that if someone on SSI is receiving
public assistance that this significant cost be included in assessing the
level of funding they get for their respective households.

Albert J. Rizzi, M.Ed.
CEO/Founder
My Blind Spot, Inc.
90 Broad Street - 18th Fl.