[nagdu] Hiking on trails with guide dogs and bears

countrygrl290 at aol.com countrygrl290 at aol.com
Sun Apr 11 18:53:45 UTC 2010

 I am trying to get some thoughts from everyone about hiking on trails in bear areas . I am going to go camping this summer in kings canyon and sequoias and am trying to figure out if anyone has any experience with hiking with your dog and his or her safety . Dogs as pets are not allowed on the trails and I am wondering if it is even safe for my dog to be with me .... if it is not then I will have to rent a cabin and leave him in it  during my hikes
any thoughts would be great THANKS
cari and Denver