[nagdu] stepper's realizations

Stepper stepper12 at cableone.net
Tue Apr 13 22:24:09 UTC 2010

    Hello to all.
First, thank you to those that wrote to me off list. I have been given food for thought.
I have now sorted out my guide dog issues once and for all, and would like to share them at this time.
What I came to understand over the last couple of weeks or so is this.
I just do not have what it would take to do the 24 hour daily never-ending on going no matter what care of a guide dog.
I have to often crash days that I can not predict. This is one reason its so hard to make commitments in the future because I have no certainty that day and time I will be able to suit up and show up.
I just never know when I am out and down. Its not gradual loss of energy, its all at once, and my energy is just gone.
However, on the other hand, I am so much better then I have been in the last nine years.
I am so grateful that most of the time I can walk for an hour or so outside, and have the ability to exercise as well again most of the time.
This is so much more then only being able to go from bed to bathroom, to recliner with help.
Thank you, Stepper