[nagdu] clicker training

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 16:07:12 UTC 2010

Julie,

I think people in the UK use a whistle for recall, and this is a great
idea.  I may start out by blowing the whistle, click and treat.
Eventually you can start pairing the whistle with the recall cue.
However to avoid any kind of startle response I'd introduce it before
hand so he has that association of whistle equals yummyness.

Rox and the Herbal HenchHounds
Bristol (retired), Mill'E SD. and Laveau Guide Dog, CGC.
"It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point
out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-
wit, and the emperor remains an emperor."-- Neil Gaiman
http://www.pawpowercreations.com/retreat.html
pawpower4me at gmail.com
AIM: Brissysgirl