[nagdu] Critical blind people

Jodie and Xandir pisces at asmodean.net
Sun Aug 1 20:51:20 UTC 2010

Hi. My name is Jodie and I was on this list about ten years ago with my
first guide, Sunnie. I got off all my lists for a number of reasons, but
decided to come back now for several other reasons, if that makes any sense.
Anyway, I'm glad to be back.

I love the find command. I use it with Xandir, my third guide, to find the
dumpster in my apartment complex. She also finds elevators. I do things a
bit differently though because it never occurred to me to put the word find
before home or outside. I tellher to find the button as a substitute for
elevator just because button is easier and faster than saying elevator and
she goes to it and points her nose at it. Sunnie and Tiger did the same
thing. I don't usually have to tell her to find the larger stall in the
bathrooms; she just goes to the one she can fit in, and I never thought of
having her find the sink or the soap or paper towels because the sinks are
usually right across from the stalls and the soap and towels are on either
side.

About critical blind people, I met someone who told me that until he met me
he would never have considered dating another blind person with another
disability. I have trouble hearing on lower frequencies and need hearing
aids. He said meeting me has changed his mind. Sometimes all it takes is to
meet the right person, I guess. Smile.