[nagdu] What happens to dogs returned to the school

Jenine Stanley jeninems at wowway.com
Mon Aug 2 16:58:49 UTC 2010

Someone asked about what happens if a person who owns his/her dog decides to
return it to the school. I can only speak for GDF but here's what we do.

If you have ownership of your dog and decide to returnee it for whatever
reason, we ask that you sign a form we have to relinquish ownership back to
us. If the dog cannot be trained to work with another person, then we offer
it first to its raisers for adoption, then to a pool of people who have
applied to adopt a retired dog.

Hope that helps answer this question. I'm fairly certain TSE has a similar
policy of relinquishment but will let someone official from there state
such.
Jenine Stanley
jeninems at wowway.com