[nagdu] being reported to your school

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 15:35:54 UTC 2010

I would agree that throwing up on one's dog is hardly ideal.  However,
sometimes stuff happens.  I take my dog to bars when I go.  My dog is
there if I drink alcohol.  Granted, I'm at the point in my life, where
time and experience has taught me that drinking until one throws up is
hardly a good idea, for a number of reasons.  However I don't think
taking my dog to the bar and drinking is a crime.  If someone saw my
dog at a bar and saw me drinking and having a good time with friends
and they accused me of abuse, I'd be pretty upset.
People are different, they have different lifestyles.  Some dogs don't
like bars and the noise does bother them.  If someone had a dog like
that, I would hope they'd use their judgement and not take the dog.
However if the dog is like mine and doesn't really care, then who's
business is it of anyone's to say I should, or should not have my dog
at a bar?
Also if someone threw up on their dog because they were ill, is that
still abuse, or is it the drinking plus the vomiting that is the issue?
I drink, I go to bars.  I live in New Orleans and my dog goes on
Bourbon street with me and I have a hard time thinking this is abusive.

My dog gets fed, loved, medical care.  She works has toys, other dog
friends and I spend lots of time with her.  Does the fact that someone
drinks alcohol with their dog at a bar then negate all of the other
things?
I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm honestly curious.

Rox and the Herbal HenchHounds
Bristol (retired), Mill'E SD. and Laveau Guide Dog, CGC.
"It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point
out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-
wit, and the emperor remains an emperor."-- Neil Gaiman
http://www.pawpowercreations.com/retreat.html
pawpower4me at gmail.com
AIM: Brissysgirl