[nagdu] EXTERNAL:Re: being reported to your school

Pickrell, Rebecca M (TASC) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Tue Aug 3 18:13:02 UTC 2010

Because a child and a guide dog are not the same. A guide dog is a
mobility tool, a child is not.
I used to frequent a bar where we'd drink and sing bawdy songs, my
favorite being one about Alice and a guy who was very in love with her.
When it came time for the chorus, we'd all shout "Alice, who the f*** is
Alice!"
It was great fun. There is no way I'd expose my daughter to that not
given her current age. My guide dog at the time had no issues with it.
Likewise, I will expose my kid to things I wouldn't ever do with a guide
dog. My daughter really wants to "take Mommy and we go in the water and
swim with dolphins". I'm hoping we can do that some day, and have told
her that we need to learn to swim first. I am hoping we can swim with
dolphins at some point. There is no way I'd do this with aguide dogIn
other words, a child and a dog are very different. And, unlike a dog, a
child will grow up so you can expose them to different things over time.
One of the people that used to join me at the previously mentioned bar
was... my dad. The only ill effects Dad and I experienced is that
neither of us can hear the name  Alice withoutthinking "Alice, who the
f*** is Alice".