[nagdu] being reported to your school

Marsha Drenth marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 18:51:40 UTC 2010

Lets clarify here, its not taking your guide to a bar that is bad. Its not
taking your guide to a bar and having a few drinks, or even a whole bunch.
Its not even bad, taking yoru guide to a bar, being a little tipsy and
walking home. But! But! But! Its what happens, when you have your dog with
you, when your so completely drunk, have drank too much, and your judgement
and reasoning is impaired, that could or will endanger you or your guide.
But if you have drank too much and this happens, you could be a regular
person, with out or with a guide. And secondly, judgement or reasoning is
different for all people. And yet even more, if your that drunk, you need
more help than we can give you here on this list at this point. But no means
am I condoning what people do when they are drunk, or have drank too much,
or even that drinking is a bad thing. But! But! But! Its what people do to
endanger themselves and others, and in this case there guides.

Say for example, someone goes to a bar, has a guide, they walk home. And on
the way home they get sick, puking all over the dog and themselves. So they
got sick. Yes its gross. But because they got sick does not mean they are a
bad person, nor a bad handler, or even a bad person. It plain and simply
means they drank too much, and in the morning will not like what they have
done.

Another example, take said person, has a guide, goes to the bar. Drinks way
way way too much to the point of poisoning themselves. So they pass out on
the way home. There guide is left by them on the street. Now this is a
different story. All sorts of things could happen. And on the other side of
the coin, nothing could happen at all. Yes granted, I am sure we will all
admit, said person is stupid for drinking too much, stupid for trying to
walk home after drinking too much. But the stupid thing, and the thing that
could get them in trouble is that they passed out, not only endangering
themselves but there guides. Again this does not mean they are a bad
handler, yes stupid, yes might not be right in some eyes but we are talking
about our guides here.

End of story.

Marsha