[nagdu] Disabled vet and service dog banned from supermarket

Pickrell, Rebecca M (TASC) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Tue Aug 10 17:50:02 UTC 2010

Not sure that matters Albert.
My dog had a knack for pooping at J.C. Penney's. The first time, I misread her queues as we were a new team. The second time, I realized she had to go, was with a friend and thought "Hmmm, if we go outside with all this stuff, somebody will think we're stealing, she can wait until we go find a store rep to tell them what we need to do or to pay for our stuff". She couldn't.
Third time, I was at a different Penney's, in a different city, like a year later. And I have no idea why she pooped.
Needless to say, this becamea joke, "There's no grass aroud here, think we can find a Penney's?" "The vet needs a stool sample, want to go to Penney's?" "This will be a long trip, there isn't a Penney's here"
I was told by a cleanup person after one of the accidents that dog poop is the least offensive bodily fluid. The lady told me that they deal with accidents way more then you'd think, mostly from humans, parents with litle kids, old people, people who for whatever reason can't make it to the bathroom, people who get sick, things like that.
So while accidents shouldn't happen, they do.