[nagdu] I think this point is importent forcross-posting: Re:[nabs-l] Blind man sues Wienerschnitzelover run-in with tree

Jeanette Beal bealjk at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 16:27:21 UTC 2010

Let's back up, Will. There are lawsuit-happy people in every town.
Maybe he's one. Or maybe this business is negligent often enough that
this was the last straw. Or maybe this article doesnt accurately
reflect the situation.

When we as blind and independently traveling adults move through our
world we have the right to expect safe public walkways. When safety is
challenged we have a right to demand it fixed. Lawsuits are currently
the only sure-fire way of communicating to a company.

Since we don't know the whole true story, probably we shouldn't attack
this guy just yet. Also I think it unfair to class him as thinking
society "owes him." we make up society as much as anyone else, and too
often I see that argument used against people who simply want things
done fair.

Jeanette
Sent from my iPhone

>>> http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nagdu_nfbnet.org/doering%40ameri