[nagdu] Another Reason for Having Your Own Harness

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Fri Aug 20 11:41:07 UTC 2010

Mark,
    all of the schools retain ownership of the tack; however, some are more
custodial than others. What those who are deciding to get dogs should
consider is the ownership policies of the school. If the school does not
transfer ownership upon graduation, one should question why this is so! If
we, as blind people, have the capacity to raise children without, why do
schools feel as if we are unable to properly care for our dogs and, thus,
need to "supervise" us and have control over our lives in this way?

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala